Friday, August 16, 2013

Werner Herzog on 'Queen of the Desert': Coordinating All The Actors’ Schedules Has Made It Difficult

ETA: Added a few more comments from Werner Herzog about 'Queen of the Desert' from Indiewire - at the bottom

Werner Herzog talked a little about Queen of the Desert while promoting his new documentary From One Second to the Next


From Associated Press via Washington Post
For his next project, the director of “Into the Abyss” is returning to death row for a follow-up to his “On Death Row” series, and he’s still hoping to make a film about the life of Middle East pioneer Gertrude Bell starring Naomi Watts and Robert Pattinson titled “Queen of the Desert.” He said coordinating all the actors’ schedules has made it difficult.

From Indiewire
Herzog is currently in pre-production on the adventure film “Queen of the Desert,” which is likely to star Naomi Watts and Robert Pattinson. “There are some actors I’d very much likely to be in the film and it’s problematic to get them in the same place at the same time,” he said with regard to the delays, pointing out that he needs to shoot the film in the summer. “One thing that’s maybe significant is that I do have two films [in pre-production] where the protagonists will be women. That hasn’t happened to me much before. People have always been asking me, ‘Why is it always men?’ It’s not true. I’ve made at least four or five films where women have been the protagonists. But this is new terrain for me.”

Via

3 comments:

debbie nerissa threet said...

Hopefully the September update from Cassian will stick. Anythinggg, want him to keep working.

twilightnan said...

I'm terribly disappointed but hopefully it will still happen..I'm looking forward to see Rob as Lawrence of Arabia!..Hi to all my RPLifers friends..Iluvthemovies,Haxy,Lisa,nimet,vana,Mayfair,no one special,&twilola...hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful Summer days :-D

twmmy said...

I hope the film would be made. though i never knew so much about filmmaking, but never imagined, it's such a difficult thing to gather the actors :)
I loved The English Patient, I never saw Lawrence of arabia ( but will). I'm just curious. And unpatient. Want to see Rob on big-screen